Sunday, August 28, 2011
* Always room for a Georgie pic, no? This camera takes pretty good pictures in just that kind of light. No alterations or adjustments needed.
* Love the real time traffic info in the GPS. It automatically chooses the fastest route based on traffic situations. So on Friday, it chose one route to go to the burbs and a different one to come home so as to avoid traffic jams. Why did I wait so long to get this!?
* Hurricane Irene is coming here too! It's already windy out there but they are saying we're going have tropical storm force winds and 3-5 inches of rain today. Should start in about an hour. Looking at the satellite pic, it looks like the eye is just over NYC right now.
* Though I have a couple private lessons, I'm largely off for the next two weeks. Can't go anywhere though, Serge is broke. (He'll be bitter if he sees that.)
* I found our dream vacation cruise for our 20th anniversary in 2013. It's a Hong Kong to Kobe, Japan cruise. We'll stay a few days in Hong Kong (where we met) first and finish up with several days in Tokyo. Already saving up for that. I think 2012 will be thrifty on the vacation front.
* Today is my first practice in case I get called for the tv show. I'm going to do the first and third course. The main course (osso bucco) I've done many times already. Today I'll try red bell pepper soup with sauteed foie gras on a crouton. Dessert will be mini banana cakes with creme anglaise.
* I'm signing up for a Saturday morning Spanish class. This will come in handy when we go to Spain in October. I took the placement test and was put in Level 1A. There is no class before that.
* We transferred our mortgage to another bank. I don't know how we got so fortunate, but somehow we don't make a payment in September. The mortgage transfers August 31st to the new bank and their first payment is Oct. 1st. I'm using this windfall to pay for the xmas cruise. (I already told y'all about that.)
* We signed up for Netflix Canada's unlimited streaming deal. Although it works great, the selections are all much older than I had anticipated. Case in point, the series Weeds has five seasons out on DVD, but Netflix only offers seasons one and two. We get a month for free, so we'll see.
* I'm sure there's more, but that's all that's coming to mind at the moment. Have a great week!